Welcome to HealingDepression.com!
Did you know?
Depression affects 1 in 10 Americans at least once in their lives. Over an estimated 120 million people around the world suffer from some form of depression. Over 80% of the people that have symptoms of clinical depression are not receiving any specific treatment at all. The number of patients diagnosed with a type of depression increases by roughly 20% each year. Individuals who suffer from depression are often unemployed or recently divorced.
Depression is very prevalent for people ages 45 to 64. Women are twice as likely to have depression symptoms . 10% of women experience postpartum depression symptoms in the weeks after having a child. People who are depressed may be addicted to drugs or alcohol. You can find Drug Rehabs in Texas here.
Here are some more facts:
- Bipolar Disorder affects roughly 6 million adults in the US.
- Major Depression affects roughly 15 million adults in the US.
- Over a woman’s lifetime – 12% will experience clinical depression.
- Over the next 10 years, depression will be the 2nd most common health problem in the world.
- Depression is very treatable – Over 80% find relief!
- Up to 80% who are treated for their symptoms show an improvement.
- The improvement is quick! Within four to six weeks of beginning their depression treatment.
- Roughly 50% of unsuccessful treatment for symptoms is due the patient not following treatment plan.
- Support groups really help. These groups are over 80% more likely to stick on their treatment plans.
We created HealingDepression.com to help those in need with information and resources on depression. We strive to provide the best information with articles on symptoms and treatments. We also provide depression tests that will help determine if you are experiencing symptoms. If you are feeling depressed, please consult your friends, family and most importantly a doctor right away!